10 ways to wish Austrians a happy birthday – happy birthday in austrian
Happy birthday in Austrian
Happy birthday in Austrian language means “Alles Gute zum Geburtstag” . This designation is the most formal and most frequently used in the German-speaking world. So if you wish someone a “Alles Gute zum Geburtstag” you can hardly go wrong. However, other more modern, shorter and informal expressions can often be found on Facebook. These are shorter, more concise, more informal, friendlier and more personal. However, if you should write a greeting card, just use “Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!”.
9 ways to wish a Austrian “Happy Birthday”
Below you will find many different ways in which you can congratulate a Austrian on a birthday. Some of these are short forms for social media, others have a more general (formal) meaning. Due to the large number, you can choose the right shape for the phrase “Happy Birthday”.
- Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! – Happy birthday
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch! – Congratulations
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag! – Happy birthday
- Alles Gute! – All the best
- Meine Glückwünsche! – My congratulations
- Alle meine Glückwünsche! – All my congratulations
- Ich wünsche dir alles Gute zum Geburtstag! – I wish you a happy birthday
- Viel Glück! – Good luck
- Gratulation (zum Geburtstag)! – Congratulations (on your birthday)
Note that in German-speaking countries the English “Happy Birthday” is also often used on social media. However, in a formal atmosphere and in a relationship, you should stay in the German language.
- Bus connections and buses on Corfu
- Rhodes Beaches and Rhodes SnorkelingRhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands in Greece’s Aegean Sea, is famous for its rich history, archaeological sites and, of course, stunning beaches. The island is also a paradise for snorkelers who want … Read more
- The Skiathos Bus System: A Comprehensive Guide
Birthday gifts for Austrian people
Classic gifts for Austrians are cash gifts, vouchers for culture and art, books and perfumes. If you want something a little more original, the Austrian are happy about good food. It doesn’t really matter whether it is something special or local cuisine – the main thing is that it tastes awesome.
Austria as a country
You should also visit the city of Vienna and Salzburg once in your life. Both cities convince with modern design, the Austrian culture and a wonderful experience. Be it the Schönbrunn Zoo, St. Stephen’s Cathedral or the Prater with the Ferris wheel.
More resources in Austrian
There is also a overview page with birthday wishes in all languages . Would you have known something like “Happy Birthday “in Finnish (one of the heaviest languages) is?