6 ways to wish Israelis a happy birthday
Happy Birthday in Hebrew
Happy birthday in Hebrew is: יום הולדת שמח! This term is used the most because it is the standard phrase and can always be used. In social networks, but also in personal conversations, you will find other expressions much more frequently. These are shorter and more concise.
6 Ways to Wish Israelis “Happy Birthday”
In the list below you will find different ways to congratulate an Israeli. Some of these are short forms specifically for social media or informal conversations. Others, on the other hand, have a more general meaning and can of course be used in many different ways.
- יום הולדת שמח! – Happy Birthday / Happy Birthday
- מזל טוב ליום הולדתך וכל טוב! – Happy birthday and all the best
- ברכותיי! – Congratulations / My congratulations
- כל טוב! – All the best
- אני מאחל לך יום הולדת שמח! – I wish you a happy birthday
- הרבה מזל! – Good luck
The best thing you can do is apply your knowledge right away and surprise an Israeli friend, acquaintance or relative with a “Happy Birthday” in Hebrew. Israelis are extremely proud of their language and appreciate birthday wishes in their native language. Don’t be surprised if you get a “תודה!” or “תודה רבה!” back, which means something like “(Thank you very much”). And don’t forget: Variety makes life nicer – so you have several ways to congratulate an Israeli.
Birthday gifts for Israelis
It is often very difficult to choose the right gift – even more so if you are of a different nationality. Of course you can’t go wrong with vouchers, gifts of money, fragrances, technology and games – but these are just standard gifts. However, Israelis are also happy about local and regional products from their country as well as technical articles. Of course you can mix Israeli products with your own regional products for a perfect and delicious gift. Note that not all goods may be imported or exported.
More resources in Hebrew
Are you looking for more Hebrew phrases and lessons? Then you will find many more topics and other languages on the overview page.
Happy birthday in other languages
Here you will find a post list about Birthday wishes in many other languages. In addition to birthday wishes, there are also wishes for a name day, Happy Easter, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Happy birthday in MaoriWerbung / Advertisements The Maori are an indigenous people of New Zealand who have a unique culture and traditions – including their own language. There are therefore different ways to congratulate Maori on their...
- Happy Birthday in Hawaiian – 3 easy ways
- How do you say happy birthday in Yugoslavian?Werbung / Advertisements If you look at the official languages of the successor states of Yugoslavia today, Serbo-Croatian has disappeared. Instead, they speak Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin. Nevertheless, everyone can still understand everyone....
- Happy Birthday in Greek – 8 easy waysWerbung / Advertisements Happy birthday in Greek means: Χαρούμενα γενέθλια! (Charoúmena genéthlia) or Χρόνια πολλά (Xronia polla). Both phrases have the same meaning but the first one is more polite. As in the German language, this both...
- Say “Happy Birthday” in Italian – 8 Easy WaysWerbung / Advertisements Bella Italia – this is easy. And a “Gelato alla stracciatella” should still be possible. But this should not be your entire knowledge of Italian. How about if you could say...