6 ways to wish Estonians a happy birthday
Happy birthday in Estonian
Happy birthday in Estonian is: Palju õnne sünnipäevaks! This term is used most often because it is the standard phrase and can always be used. In social networks, but also in personal conversations, you will find other expressions much more frequently. These are shorter and more concise.
6 Ways to Wish Estonians “Happy Birthday”
In the list below you will find different ways to congratulate an Estonian. Some of these are short forms specifically for social media or informal conversations. Others, on the other hand, have a more general meaning and can of course be used in many different ways.
- Palju õnne sünnipäevaks – Happy birthday / Happy birthday
- Õnnitleme teid sünnipäeva puhul ja kõike head – Happy birthday happy birthday and all the best
- Minu õnnesoovid – Congratulations / My congratulations
- Kõike paremat – All the best
- Soovin sulle palju õnne sünnipäevaks – I wish you a happy birthday
- Palju õnne – Good luck
It’s best if you apply your knowledge right away and surprise an Estonian friend, acquaintance or relative with a “Happy Birthday” in Estonian. Estonians are extremely proud of their language and appreciate birthday wishes in their native language. But don’t be surprised if you hear “Aitäh!” or “Tänan väga!” – this means something like “(Many) thanks”. And don’t forget: Variety makes life nicer – so you have several ways to congratulate an Estonian.
Birthday gifts for Estonians
It is often very difficult to choose the right gift – even more so if you are of a different nationality. Of course you can’t go wrong with vouchers, gifts of money, fragrances, technology and games – but these are just standard gifts. However, Estonians also appreciate local and regional products from their country, as well as technical items. Of course you can mix Estonian products with your own regional products and have a perfect and delicious gift.
More resources in Estonian
Are you looking for more Estonian phrases and lessons? Then you will find many more topics and other languages on the overview page.
Happy birthday in other languages
Here you will find a post list about Birthday wishes in many other languages. In addition to birthday wishes, there are also wishes for a name day, Happy Easter, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Happy birthday in MaoriThe Maori are an indigenous people of New Zealand who have a unique culture and traditions – including their own language. There are therefore different ways to congratulate Maori on their birthday. In this … Read more
- Happy Birthday in Hawaiian – 3 easy ways
- How do you say happy birthday in Yugoslavian?
- Happy Birthday in Greek – 8 easy ways
- Say “Happy Birthday” in Italian – 8 Easy Ways