6 ways to wish Serbians a happy birthday
Happy birthday in Serbian
Happy birthday in Serbian is: Срећан рођендан! (Srećan rođendan). This term is used most frequently in Serbian because it is the standard phrase and – with a few exceptions – is always used can. In social networks (but of course also in personal conversations) you will find many other expressions more frequently. These are shorter, more informal, more friendly and more concise. So you will find a variety of options here.
6 ways to wish a serb “happy birthday”
In the list below you will find different ways how you can wish a Serbian a happy birthday. Some of these are – as already mentioned – short forms (mostly informal) especially for social media or informal conversations. Others, on the other hand, have a more general meaning and can of course be used in many ways.
- Срећан рођендан Срећан рођендан! (Srećan rođendan Srećan rođendan) – Happy Birthday / Happy Birthday
- Честитам! (Čestitam) – Congratulations / My congratulations
- Све најбоље! (Sve najbolje) – All the best
- Желим вам срећан рођендан. (Želim vam srećan rođendan) – I wish you a happy birthday
- Срећан рођендан!! (Srećan rođendan!) – Happy Birthday!
- Пуно среће! (Puno sreće) – Good luck
It’s best if you apply your knowledge right away and surprise a Serbian friend, acquaintance or relative with a “Happy Birthday” in Serbian. Serbs in particular are extremely proud of their language and look forward to birthday wishes in their native language. Don’t be surprised if you get a “Хвала вам!” (Hvala vam) or “Много хвала!” (Mnogo hvala) which means something like “(Thank ) Thanks to”. And don’t forget: Variety makes life nicer – so you have several ways to congratulate a Serb.
If you want to learn more about the Serbian language, the following textbooks will help you. Most bring you to an adequate level between A2 and B1, some only offer the most basic phrases – for example for your next vacation.
Birthday gifts for a Serb
It is often very difficult to choose the right gift – even more so if you are of a different nationality. Of course you can’t go far wrong with vouchers, gifts of money, scents and games – but these are just standard gifts. However, Serbs are also happy about local and regional products from their country. Of course you can mix Serbian with your own regional products and thus have a perfect gift.
More resources in Serbian
In this category you can find more Serbian language expressions and lessons or you want learn another language? There is also an overview page with birthday wishes in all languages. Did you know something like “Happy Birthday” in Finnish (one of the hardest languages) is?
Happy birthday in other languages
Here you will find a post list about Birthday wishes in many other languages. In addition to birthday wishes, there are also wishes for a name day, Happy Easter, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Happy Birthday in Hawaiian – 3 easy ways
- How do you say happy birthday in Yugoslavian?If you look at the official languages of the successor states of Yugoslavia today, Serbo-Croatian has disappeared. Instead, they speak Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin. Nevertheless, everyone can still understand everyone. Happy birthday in...
- Happy Birthday in Greek – 8 easy waysHappy birthday in Greek means: Χαρούμενα γενέθλια! (Charoúmena genéthlia) or Χρόνια πολλά (Xronia polla). Both phrases have the same meaning but the first one is more polite. As in the German language, this both terms are used...
- Say “Happy Birthday” in Italian – 8 Easy WaysBella Italia – this is easy. And a “Gelato alla stracciatella” should still be possible. But this should not be your entire knowledge of Italian. How about if you could say “Happy Birthday” in...
- How to Say “Happy Birthday” in French – 10 Easy WaysEveryone is happy to receive birthday wishes – preferably in their native language, of course. For this reason, in this article I would like to present you with different ways of wishing a French...