6 ways to wish Bulgarians a happy birthday
Happy birthday in Bulgarian
Happy birthday in Bulgarian means: Честит Рожден ден! (Chestit Rozhden den) This term is used most often because it is the standard phrase and can always be used. In social networks, but also in personal conversations, you will find other expressions much more frequently. These are shorter and more concise.
6 ways to wish Bulgarians “Happy Birthday”
In the list below you will find different ways of congratulating a Bulgarian. Some of these are short forms specifically for social media or informal conversations. Others, on the other hand, have a more general meaning and can of course be used in many different ways.
- Честит Рожден ден! (Chestit Rozhden den) – Happy Birthday / Happy Birthday
- Поздравления за рождения ден и всичко най-добро! (Pozdravleniya za rozhdeniya den i vsichko naĭ-dobro) – Happy birthday and all the best
- Честито! (Chestito) – Congratulations / My congratulations
- Всичко най-хубаво! (Vsichko naĭ-khubavo) – All the best
- Пожелавам ти честит рожден ден! (Pozhelavam ti chestit rozhden den)– I wish you a happy birthday
- Много късмет! (Mnogo kŭsmet)– Good luck
It’s best if you apply your knowledge right away and surprise a Bulgarian friend, acquaintance or relative with a “Happy Birthday” in Bulgarian. Bulgarians are extremely proud of their language and appreciate birthday wishes in their native language. Don’t be surprised if you get a “Благодаря!” (Blagodarya) or “Много благодаря!” (Mnogo blagodarya) – this means something like “(Thank you very much). “. And don’t forget: Variety makes life nicer – so you have several ways to congratulate a Bulgarian.
Birthday gifts for Bulgarians
It is often very difficult to choose the right gift – even more so if you are of a different nationality. Of course you can’t go wrong with vouchers, gifts of money, fragrances, technology and games – but these are just standard gifts. However, Bulgarians are also happy to buy local and regional products from their country, as well as technical items. Of course you can mix Bulgarian products with your own regional products and have a perfect and delicious gift.
More resources in Bulgarian
Are you looking for more language expressions and lessons in Bulgarian? Then you will find many more topics and other languages on the overview page.
Happy birthday in other languages
Here you will find a post list about Birthday wishes in many other languages. In addition to birthday wishes, there are also wishes for a name day, Happy Easter, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Happy Birthday in Greek – 8 easy waysHappy birthday in Greek means: Χαρούμενα γενέθλια! (Charoúmena genéthlia) or Χρόνια πολλά (Xronia polla). Both phrases have the same meaning but the first one is more polite. As in the German language, this both terms are used...
- Say “Happy Birthday” in Italian – 8 Easy WaysBella Italia – this is easy. And a “Gelato alla stracciatella” should still be possible. But this should not be your entire knowledge of Italian. How about if you could say “Happy Birthday” in...
- How to Say “Happy Birthday” in French – 10 Easy WaysEveryone is happy to receive birthday wishes – preferably in their native language, of course. For this reason, in this article I would like to present you with different ways of wishing a French...
- How to say Happy Birthday in Turkish – 9 simple waysEveryone is happy when they receive birthday wishes – preferably in his native language, of course. For this reason, I would like to introduce you to various ways in this article of how you...
- 6 ways to wish Latvians a happy birthday