6 ways to wish Lithuanians a happy birthday
Happy birthday in Lithuanian
Happy birthday in Lithuanian is: Su gimtadieniu! This term is used the most because it is the standard phrase and can always be used. In social networks, but also in personal conversations, you will find other expressions much more frequently. These are shorter and more concise.
6 Ways to Wish Lithuanians “Happy Birthday”
In the list below you will find different ways of congratulating a Lithuanian. Some of these are short forms specifically for social media or informal conversations. Others, on the other hand, have a more general meaning and can of course be used in many different ways.
- Su gimtadieniu! – Happy Birthday / Happy Birthday
- Sveikinu su gimtadieniu ir viso ko geriausio! – Happy birthday and all the best
- Sveikinu! – Congratulations / My congratulations
- Viskas kas geriausia! – All the best
- linkiu tau laimingo gimtadienio! – I wish you a happy birthday
- Daug sėkmės! – Good luck
The best thing to do is to apply your knowledge right away and surprise a Lithuanian friend, acquaintance or relative with a “Happy Birthday” in Lithuanian. Lithuanians are extremely proud of their language and appreciate birthday wishes in their native language. But don’t be surprised if you hear “Dėkoju!” or “Labai ačiū!” – this means something like “(Many) thanks”. And don’t forget: Variety makes life nicer – so you have several ways to congratulate a Lithuanian.
Birthday gifts for Lithuanians
It is often very difficult to choose the right gift – even more so if you are of a different nationality. Of course you can’t go wrong with vouchers, gifts of money, fragrances, technology and games – but these are just standard gifts. However, Lithuanians also appreciate local and regional products from their country, as well as technical items. Of course you can mix Lithuanian products with your own regional products and have a perfect and delicious gift.
More resources in Lithuanian
Are you looking for more phrases and lessons in Lithuanian? Then you will find many more topics and other languages on the overview page. In addition, there is an overview page with birthday wishes in all different languages.
Happy birthday in other languages
Here you will find a post list about Birthday wishes in many other languages. In addition to birthday wishes, there are also wishes for a name day, Happy Easter, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Happy birthday in MaoriWerbung / Advertisements The Maori are an indigenous people of New Zealand who have a unique culture and traditions – including their own language. There are therefore different ways to congratulate Maori on their...
- Happy Birthday in Hawaiian – 3 easy ways
- How do you say happy birthday in Yugoslavian?Werbung / Advertisements If you look at the official languages of the successor states of Yugoslavia today, Serbo-Croatian has disappeared. Instead, they speak Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin. Nevertheless, everyone can still understand everyone....
- Happy Birthday in Greek – 8 easy waysWerbung / Advertisements Happy birthday in Greek means: Χαρούμενα γενέθλια! (Charoúmena genéthlia) or Χρόνια πολλά (Xronia polla). Both phrases have the same meaning but the first one is more polite. As in the German language, this both...
- Say “Happy Birthday” in Italian – 8 Easy WaysWerbung / Advertisements Bella Italia – this is easy. And a “Gelato alla stracciatella” should still be possible. But this should not be your entire knowledge of Italian. How about if you could say...