The optimal camp location for Fallout 76 – Guide
You are just starting out with Fallout 76 and are wondering where to set up your camp? Do you need doors and windows or even a roof over your head? This is a matter of opinion. Many decisions often play a role, such as how much you enjoy building and laying out rooms. If you only play Fallout 76 for the quests and fights, a minimalist construction of just one bed and one workbench each – like the overseer’s warehouse.
If you already have the optimal location, there is a excellent instructions to set up your camp properly with many useful and important tips – tailored to your character.
Quick tips for the warehouse
- Place the camp in a clearing so that trees are not a hindrance
- Try to place the camp on a mountainside
- You should place the camp near train stations and / or place water
- Do not try to place the camp in areas with atomic bombs or too close to events, tasks, quests or locations.
- Build high and not wide so that you have the smallest possible floor plan.
There is no optimal location for a camp in Fallout 76. You will see that you have to move again and again. Nevertheless, there are a few things you can do to build your camp in more suitable locations.
The location doesn’t really matter, but it should offer you advantages. So you can make the location close to train stations, quests or your favorite places (e.g. centered to save costs for fast travel). Note that you can move camps at any time for little money. You should use this option for minimalist camps, as these can be relocated quickly. At large camps it can often happen that the entire outdoor area has to be restructured. So here you should weigh the pros and cons. Just be careful not to place your camp near nuclear impacts.
Small floor plan
First, you should build your camp on the ground floor as small as possible. This has the advantage that you don’t have to defend much area. You can also use the space around the camp for areas such as water treatment and plants. Another advantage of a narrow floor plan is that you can de facto place the camp anywhere if you move, as you do not need a large, straight area. So if you want to build a luxury camp, try to expand the first and second floors.
Clearings offer two big advantages: Your camp can be well developed, as there are no disturbing trees protruding into your camp. This can be quite annoying from time to time if you can no longer see or find the workbenches due to the branches hanging in your camp. On the other hand, clearings are easier to defend because you can quickly spot opponents. In addition, you have no problem placing generators, water treatment and food in the clearing and it is a little brighter.
Camp on a slope or on a rock wall is ideal. The advantage is that you don’t have to defend a side. You also have a good view – but make sure that your camp cannot be entered from the mountain.
Camp near rivers has the advantage that you can generate water fairly easily. Most of the time, however, you won’t run out of water in the game (provided you have a treatment system), which means that this option does not make sense for very few players. With a camp near the water you have de facto taken the option of one walking direction, as you should only cross rivers with Rad-X. Opponents, on the other hand, can easily cross the rivers. & Nbsp;
Pretty soon you will find that your inventory is fading. This is the reason why I wrote the article Inventory Management in Fallout 76. A great option excess.
More about Fallout 76
You can find more about Fallout 76 on the Overview page for Fallout 76. You can find more games on the Overview page for games.
- Fallout 76 – Vendor – Great tipsYou thought Fallout 76 only had train station vendors? Far from it. There are many different trading systems in Fallout. The most well-known system is of course the handle with bottle caps, but there...
- Fallout 76 – Farm GlueGlue is one of the most commonly used materials in Fallout 76, especially in the early stages up to level 100. Whether armor or weapons – glue is constantly needed. Glue is also required...
- Fallout 76 – Farm aluminumAluminium is one of the rare goods in Fallout – but it is needed relatively often. For example, aluminum is needed to repair weapons. But some objects and building materials also need the important...
- Fallout 76 gold barsSince the Wastelanders update in Fallout 76, Fallout has had the new currency of gold bars. With these gold bars you can acquire new and special items in Fallout 76. In this guide I...
- Fallout 76 full storage chestA storage capacity of 400? Hard to imagine, but Fallout 76’s storage capacity has now tripled. It all started with a capacity of just 400. But demands for capacity expansion quickly grew. In the...
- Fallout 76 – Invaders From Beyond – Event AlienThe new seasonal event “Invaders from Space” starts on March 1st and runs until March 15th, 2022 and is part of the new season. The start time is every hour on the hour, with...
- Fallout 76 backpack carrying capacityCarrying capacity is a big issue for many in Fallout 76. For this reason, there are several ways to increase the carrying capacity. These include Werbung / Advertisements The sum of all these advantages...
- Fallout 76 Tips & TricksIn this guide you will learn valuable tips and tricks that will help you get into the game, especially at the beginning. In this guide to Fallout 76 – Tips & Tricks you will...
- Sell Fallout 76 blueprintsYou can sell the blueprints in Fallout 76 at any vending machine. Please note, however, that the blueprints remain in your inventory (your storage box) until they are sold and therefore take up space....
- Fallout 76 Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersFallout 4 or Fallout 76? Which is better? Fallout 4 is a single player game with an exciting and interesting story. If you want to play online or in a team (multiplayer) you have...
[…] gold bars, several dealers and many different items in exchange for gold. Note that as always in Fallout 76, there is a gold bar […]
[…] If you like building a camp (and this is a lot of fun) you should take your time. But it will not be your last camp nor your final camp. If you run out of resources or you lose the desire to build, it is not tragic. Good camp locations are close to train stations, as that’s where you can sell all your junk. You can find more information about camp construction in the guide for the optimal camp location. […]