Fallout 76 – Farm aluminum
Aluminium is one of the rare goods in Fallout – but it is needed relatively often. For example, aluminum is needed to repair weapons. But some objects and building materials also need the important aluminum. You also need the material for power armor and the production of certain chems. However, it is important to remember that aluminum is one of the rare supplies in Fallout 76.
Tip: If you are looking for aluminum, you should use the Pip Boy Aluminum to mark the item you are looking for. This has the advantage that a magnifying glass appears on junk items. Marking is done via the “Mark for Search” option if you are repairing items.
Six ways to farm aluminum in Fallout 76
In Fallout 76, there are several ways to get aluminum. I would like to list six of them here:
- Recovery of scrap containing aluminum
- Mining of aluminum by an extractor in a workshop
- Purchase of aluminum from merchants (purchase of scrap items containing aluminum)
- Buying aluminum from players
- Collecting aluminum scrap by robotic collectors
- Hills and mountains often have aluminum veins. However, the aluminum collected there still has to be melted
Aluminum locations in Fallout 76
In Fallout 76, however, there are some items that contain aluminum. I would like to share the best locations with you here:
- Hospitals and restaurants are good locations for finding tablets. These include cafeterias (Morgantown or prison) or in Fort Defiance
- Wind chimes contain a lot of aluminum and are usually attached to terraces or front doors. You can farm this in any place with a lot of houses
- Robots in Watoga in southeastern Appalachia have some aluminum, but are relatively strong opponents
- There are some toy rockets on the Tyler Country grounds which contain aluminum
- At many ski resorts you can find ski poles that contain a large amount of aluminum scrap
(Scrap) items containing aluminum
The following is a list of all scrap items that contain aluminum and are therefore of great importance:
- Aluminium can
- Aluminium canister
- Aluminum scrap
- Tin can
- Surgical trays
- HH3 capacitor
- Coffee can
- Cake tin
- Coolant cap
- Oil can
- Surgical tray
- Ski Poles
- Toy Rocket
- Detonator Box
- TV Dinner Tray
- Alarm clock
- Wind chime
Even though aluminum is considered a rare item, you can usually find enough items on missions that contain the rare material.
Of course it is also possible to mine aluminum in workshops. Aluminum stocks are located at the converted munitions plant, Meadows Farm and the county racetrack. Note, however, that you must first claim the Workshop and defend it for at least one turn. Then you have to build a mineral extractor and a generator for operation. Defenses help to defend the workshop. Note that other players can also claim the workshop. In addition, the extractor should be emptied regularly, since other players also have full access to it.
- Claim a workshop
- Defend the workshop
- Build a mineral extractor, generator and defenses
- Take out the aluminum regularly
The way to farm aluminum via workshops is therefore a longer one. However, if the daily or weekly quests include “Claim workshop” this can be an alternative.
Buy aluminum from merchant or player
Of course you also have the option of buying aluminum from dealers at the train station or from other players. The latter thing, however, is considered extremely difficult since you don’t know which player is currently offering aluminum. Also note that the station vendors are constantly changing their inventory of junk items, so aluminum cannot always be purchased everywhere. Here you can do server hopping, try another day or travel to multiple stations.
Let collectrons search for you
Collectrons give you the opportunity to get junk items and loose materials. Of course, this also includes the valuable commodity aluminum. Also in mountains or hills you will find some aluminum veins where you can mine aluminum. Note, however, that in both cases you still have to smelt the mined and purchased aluminum into aluminum at the chemistry bank.
More about Fallout 76
You can find more about Fallout 76 on the Overview page for Fallout 76. You can find more games on the Overview page for games.
- Fallout 76 – Vendor – Great tipsYou thought Fallout 76 only had train station vendors? Far from it. There are many different trading systems in Fallout. The most well-known system is of course the handle with bottle caps, but there...
- Fallout 76 – Farm GlueGlue is one of the most commonly used materials in Fallout 76, especially in the early stages up to level 100. Whether armor or weapons – glue is constantly needed. Glue is also required...
- Fallout 76 – Farm aluminumAluminium is one of the rare goods in Fallout – but it is needed relatively often. For example, aluminum is needed to repair weapons. But some objects and building materials also need the important...
- Fallout 76 gold barsSince the Wastelanders update in Fallout 76, Fallout has had the new currency of gold bars. With these gold bars you can acquire new and special items in Fallout 76. In this guide I...
- Fallout 76 full storage chestA storage capacity of 400? Hard to imagine, but Fallout 76’s storage capacity has now tripled. It all started with a capacity of just 400. But demands for capacity expansion quickly grew. In the...
- Fallout 76 – Invaders From Beyond – Event AlienThe new seasonal event “Invaders from Space” starts on March 1st and runs until March 15th, 2022 and is part of the new season. The start time is every hour on the hour, with...
- Fallout 76 backpack carrying capacityCarrying capacity is a big issue for many in Fallout 76. For this reason, there are several ways to increase the carrying capacity. These include Werbung / Advertisements The sum of all these advantages...
- Fallout 76 Tips & TricksIn this guide you will learn valuable tips and tricks that will help you get into the game, especially at the beginning. In this guide to Fallout 76 – Tips & Tricks you will...
- Sell Fallout 76 blueprintsYou can sell the blueprints in Fallout 76 at any vending machine. Please note, however, that the blueprints remain in your inventory (your storage box) until they are sold and therefore take up space....
- Fallout 76 Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersFallout 4 or Fallout 76? Which is better? Fallout 4 is a single player game with an exciting and interesting story. If you want to play online or in a team (multiplayer) you have...